** Photo heavy post- lots of photos at the bottom 🙂
This Christmas we spent an absolutely wonderful 2 weeks away in a cottage on a farm in County Durham! It was absolutely wonderful being able to mostly shut out the world and chill out with our lovely family. Having booked our break away back in early February the anticipation had built up all year and our time spent there certainly did not disappoint. The cottage was absolutely gorgeous, modern in its appliances and décor but still keeping the country theme. It was decorated for us with a Christmas tree and had the most beautiful wood burner which we relaxed in front of most afternoons, playing board games or watching a movie.
With my Brother-in-law and his wife having two lovely big dogs we did head out into the countryside for a couple of lovely (but very cold) walks, getting in some fresh air and taking in the gorgeous surroundings. The first few days after we arrived there were such strong winds that we stayed inside mostly. so getting out for the first walk was just what we needed to blow away the cobwebs. We were quite lucky that the cottage was surrounded by a lovely fenced off grassy area where the dogs could run around and Ailsa could head out and take her baby for a walk.
Ailsa absolutely loved all the attention from her aunt and uncle and her grandparents. Every morning when she woke up she would be shouting “woof woof” for the dogs and would say “Hiya!” to them as soon as she saw them. They absolutely adored her too and Ghost (The white one) would like her hands which would send Ailsa into squeals of laughter makinf the dogs even more excited to be around her. Even in just those 2 weeks with everyone her speech came on such a great deal and just how she was around a group of people improved immensely since a lot of the time it can just be the 2 of us.
I also got to have some child free time whilst we were away which was just the break I needed. James and I along with Sean and Marianne (Brother and sister in law) headed off to the Metro Centre, which was around 45 minutes away from the cottage, for a day of sale shopping. I picked up some bargains from Primark and Benefit and we had a lovely little lunch at a burrito place. Super yum! I also had a lovely spa day at Slayley Hall
with Marianne and my mother-in-law on New Years Eve which was just amazing, relaxing by the pool, a lovely lunch and coffee followed by a luxurious treatment of a back massage and facial. Having some time to relax just before the start of a New Year was just amazing and it may well be the start of a new tradition for us!
Christmas day itself was just amazing. We opened presents and had a champagne breakfast and then the 4 of us cooked an amazing Christmas dinner. It was my first time cooking anything for Christmas dinner and it was so much easier spreading it out between us. We all knew what we were each doing and it meant that not one person was stuck in the kitchen all day cooking. We had such a feast the leftovers lasted a good few days and it was just yummy! For New Year we had a traditional steak pie on New Years Eve and then lots of bubbles for a countdown to the bells! Ailsa managed to stay up for it as she had a late nap that day and it was so nice to share that with her. I love counting down to the New Year but I am normally in bed by 1am which I was this year too!
We just had the loveliest Christmas and would certainly go away again though I doubt we will this year maybe in a couple of years time. What did you do for Christmas? let me know in the comments below.
Happy New Year to all my Being Mrs Lynch readers! I really hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Year and aren’t dreading the rush back to work and school. We had the most wonderful time away over the festive period and I have a more in depth post sharing what we did and and lots of wonderful photos coming up on Friday. We really needed that little break and quality family time and have returned home all refreshed and ready to attack the year ahead.
Being Mrs Lynch will have new posts going up 3 times a week Monday, Wednesday and Friday and I will be sticking to that as much as I can. There will also be a new vlog going up on my YouTube Channel every Sunday at 8pm. There are also some other exciting plans in the works so stay tuned for those in the coming months.
If there is anything you would like to see on Being Mrs Lynch leave me a comment below.
Have an amazing week and see you on Friday
· Start my own business
– Something I have been working on a little bit already but need to work all the particulars fingers crossed I am properly up and running by the middle of the year.
· Get back into working out and eating healthily
– I was so good for a while and in 2016 lost 2 and a half stone and although I have kept the weight off I still need to tone up and be more mindful of what I eat.
· Work out a cleaning schedule that works and stick to it
– I really struggle with working out what needs to be done every day so I need to make a plan and stick to it. I will most definitely be looking to Pinterest for help.
· Plan our weeks so that we achieve a better work life balance.
– With blogging I spend a lot of time on social media and I need to work out what I need/want to do when and put my phone down at other times and really only try to be on it when Ailsa is sleeping or spending time with her dad.
· Work on blogging and vlogging – stick to a schedule and plan in advance
– I really want to plan and write my content as far in advance as I can and also stick to my schedule as much as I can.
· Be more present in daily life
– Along with putting my phone down I want to make sure I am really there at all times when I am spending time with my family. I struggle with trying to do a million things at once so I need to be more mindful of what I am doing
· Learn to use my new camera properly and take a photography course
– I just recently got an Olympus Pen E-PL7 and I am in love! But I really want to learn how to use it properly and take a photography course at some point this year.
There is just something so special about a New Year. I love the thought of starting the New Year with a fresh start, a new outlook on the future and having spent great quality time with friends and family over Christmas I always feel refreshed and ready to take on the year ahead. I am feeling super positive and pumped as we head into 2017. I am ready to set my intentions and work hard to achieve my goals.
I love to make plans and work out what I want to concentrate on in the next year ahead, what holidays we can save up for and what things we want to do throughout the year. 2017 is looking to be an exciting year already with a few projects on the horizon early in the New Year and big plans for us as a family. I am hoping by putting the work in we can achieve everything we want in the next year and I am sure there will be plenty of updates ahead.
I am so excited to get stuck into this New Year with a positive attitude and plenty of drive! A fresh start is just what the Lynch Family need! I will be sharing my New Years resolutions on the blog on Monday so stay tuned for that, until then have a very happy and safe New Year!