Being a Mum and having my own business means that I need to manage my time effectively so that I don’t neglect any of my roles. Trying to build and establish a new business whilst also trying to be the best mother I can be can cause some conflicts in my time. I need to find time for everything or so it may seem. Recently though I have been doing much better when it comes to my time management meaning there are distinct times for concentrating on Ailsa and times when I am working. Of course, the lines blur on occasion when I need to make phone calls or Ailsa doesn’t go down at her usual bedtime. But these are things I try my best to work around and I have some top tips for making the most of your time.
- Work when your little one sleeps
- Quickly type up a rough draft of a blog post whilst cooking ( I am typing this post up whilst I wait on the pasta cooking for lunch)
- If you can’t get the laptop out, use your phone
- Set some of your time aside for planning so that you know what needs to be done
- If your little one has quiet/chill time then get your laptop out
- Wake up earlier than your little one to fit some work in
- Batch your tasks
I hope these quick ideas are useful for you. If you have any, leave a comment below and let me know.