Since we moved in with my in-laws earlier this month, making meals to suit the tastes of 4 adults and a toddler can be quite difficult. When Britmums and Dolmio got in touch to ask if we were up for the #ThankGoodness challenge I thought it would be a great time to make a classic recipe and also try something new and see if we can come up with some new family favourites to make everyone on busy nights.
As I will be doing most of the cooking as I am at home all week it is important for me to have easy and healthy meals I can make for all the family without someone ( the Mother-in-law) complaining that they don’t like it. As part of the challenge I was sent a variety of items and 2 jars of Dolmio Bolognese sauce and tasked with creating some yummy midweek meals to feed us all. I decided to stick to a classic and make a Spaghetti Bolognese and also to try something new and make Cheddar stuffed Chicken Breast with Ratatouille.
My Bolognese was easy to make and so so yummy and I managed to feed 5 adults and a toddler and every morsel was eaten without complaint. I also hid in some extra veg in the Bolognese by adding grated carrots, great for bulking out the meal but also getting our veg count up so easily and without complaint.
1 pack of Mince
1 pack of wholewheat spaghetti
1 jar of Dolmio Bolognese Original
- Brown mince and drain any excess liquid and leave in a collander
- in the same pot gently fry off onion and peppers and allow to soften
- add finely diced courgette and grated carrot cook for a couple of minutes
- add mince back into pot
- add jar of Dolmio Bolognese Original and a little extra water if required
- leave to simmer whilst you cook spaghetti acording to packet instructions
- serve, top with Parmigiano Reggiano and enjoy
Cheddar Stuffed Chicken Breast and Ratatouille (Serves 4)
4 Chicken Breasts
As much cheddar as you like
3 cloves of garlic
1 Jar of Dolmio Bolognese Original
- Chop up all your veg and begin to fry off in a large frying pan or pot till soft
- Add Jar of Dolmio Bolognese Original and a little extra water if required
- Allow to gently simmer whilst chicken cooks
- Butterfly each chicken breast and insert sliced cheddar (as much or as little as you like)
- Pop chicken breasts into an oven proof dish and cook for as long as required to cook chicken thoroughly
- Once cooked plate up chicken and top with Ratatouille
The Ratatouille went down so well with everyone and was a nice change from our usual meals and will be added into our meal rotation. It was so easy to make with the Dolmio Bolognese Original, knowing we are getting extra veg and flavour by using it over a tin of chopped tomatoes makes the meal even quicker and easier to make without the faff of adding extra herbs to add more flavour. Dolmio will certainly be going into our weekly shop for quick easy meals for all the family.
Each 500g Jar of Dolmio Bolognese Original is 100% Natural. A Jar provides a family of four with one of their 5-a-day each before adding any other veg to your meal.
This post is an entry for the #Dolmio #ThankGoodness Challenge, sponsored by Dolmio. www.dolmio.co.uk/thankgoodness
*We were sent the ingredients and Jars of Dolmio Bolognese Original in exchange for this blog post, all thoughts and opinions are our own.