Extended Breastfeeding: Why My Opinion Has Changed

As I mentioned in our breastfeeding storyΒ I always knew I wanted to breastfeed though feeding past age 1 was never in my plan and it’s something we have just naturally fallen into. Breastfeeding was working well for us when we hit my goal of 9 months and it didn’t seem right to force Ailsa onto a bottle and formula at that point so I made the decision to see where we would be at a year and decide from there. Well Ailsa is 14 months now and still quite happily feeding from me and I am quite happy to carry on.

Photo By Kris Hall @Β khphotography

Before I was a mum I just kind of thought that you feed for 6 months or a year and that was that. It wasn’t till I started feeding and had been feeding for a couple of months the that I realised just how hard it might be to give up for both Ailsa and myself. I of course understand that some mums choose to stop feeding at a certain age and I know some children quite happily stop feeding from their mums earlier than others and some much prefer a bottle to the breast but not Ailsa. We have never had much of a nursing strike and she never took to a bottle and it has only been in the last couple of weeks that she has been able to drink water without completely soaking herself from her many different cups and cows milk get spat right back out.

I remember way before being pregnant reading different stories of breastfeeding toddlers and just thinking that it wasn’t right and that the parent should stop them (oh if only it was that easy), that it was for the parent not the child, that it would never be something I would do and essentially my thoughts were breastfeeding a toddler was wrong but I realise now that I was wrong. I have never been around breastfeeding much, I knew about it and of course knew that it was perfectly natural and seeing women breastfeeding has never been an issue. It’s just that the children around me were for the most part bottle fed or had finished feeding by the time they were 1. So feeding past a year wasn’t something I was exposed to in person until I went along to my local breastfeeding group when Ailsa was a month old. There were little ones of 15 and 16 months being breastfed and even a mum who had fed her twins until they were 2 and a half. At the time I must admit that I thought it was crazy to still be feeding at 2 and a half but now having been doing it for 14 months myself I now have a greater understanding and it’s not a crazy idea at all.

Breastfeeding is about so much more than food, and that’s something I didn’t realise till I had been doing it a little while. For us at least, it is very much about comfort. A way to settle Ailsa if she is upset, in pain, frightened or in a strange environment. It is a familiarity which helps to make her feel safe and secure and I don’t want to forcibly take that away from her before she is truly ready as I know that at the moment stopping feeding would be very upsetting for her as she does rely on it quite a lot. I know that she will eventually cut down and stop on her own and I am going to wait on that happening.

The past year has truly opened my eyes in how judgemental I was towards extended breastfeeding and I think it’s because it isn’t the norm. You don’t see someone in a coffee shop breastfeeding their toddler but why not? Having become a breastfeeding mother and doing what I think is best for my child surely if I choose to feed past a certain age others should respect the wishes and rights of me and my child? At the moment Ailsa is quite small (the size of an average 6/7 month old) so it doesn’t look much like I’m feeding a toddler but I am concerned what may be said to me now Ailsa is walking and then comes over to me for a breastfeed. Even now I try to distract Ailsa, I offer water and snacks before milk but sometimes only milk can make things better for her and I don’t think I should deny her that. I am discreet when feeding and nothing is on show so it shouldn’t be offensive to anyone.

I always think that mums try their best and of course we all have to do what is right for our families, for us that is to carry on with breastfeeding till Ailsa is ready to stop, I know this wouldn’t be the right choice for everyone, but for us we feel it is the right decision. My eyes have truly been opened this past year (and a bit) and parenting is certainly not a one size fits all for anything. None of us should judge another’s decision (of course it is a different case if a child is being neglected or abused) for anything and I will certainly not be making any more judgements when it comes to extended breastfeeding like I would have in the past.

What are your thoughts on extended breastfeeding? Let me know in the comments below.

Keep Calm and Carry On Linking Sunday

67 Comments

1. June 4, 2016 / 9:02 pm

Little B is now 19 months old and we're still going strong. I have absolutely no idea how to go about weaning him – not much help, sorry! #KCACOLS

2. June 4, 2016 / 9:05 pm

I think it's very much down to mum and baby and very much NOT anyone else's business as long as baby is being fed well too!

I have fed mine until they weaned but, being reflux babies, this was much earlier than normal – 8 months and 11 months (although he still has the odd one he doesn't appear that interested) and both have one bottle a day at night.

I cannot imagine feeding my toddler – but she didn't just wake up 2.5 years old, they don't stop being babies one day! Carry on until one of you wants to stop #KCACOLS

3. Lizzie firstooth
    June 4, 2016 / 9:13 pm

A lovely post and a really supportive one to read for all the mamas out there breastfeeding. It's healthy milk and what works best for one mum and her child is their decision. As a parent when you find something that works, whatever it is, you try your best to stick with it x #kcacols

4. June 4, 2016 / 9:14 pm

I agree, I sadly didn't have enough support when breastfeeding my first and regretted stopping so soon so next time I'm sure I'll try to go as long as possible and I can see how it would be emotionally difficult to stop! #KCACOLS

5. June 4, 2016 / 9:17 pm

It's completely and utterly personal – just like anything else to do with feeding πŸ™‚ Do what feels right for you xx #KCACOLS

6. June 4, 2016 / 9:22 pm

We still feeding at close to 16 months. Like you I thought I would have stopped a lot earlier, but it suits both Caspian and me, so I'll let him decide. Thanks for sharing your story #KCACOLS

Nadia – ScandiMummy x

7. June 4, 2016 / 9:36 pm

Before I had my baby, I never realised how contentious the issue of breastfeeding was. I didn't give it much thought. We breastfed for a bit but it didn't work for us so I switched. However mothers choose to feed, they should be supported – good for you for doing what's right for you. The mother always knows best what's right for their baby #KCACOLS

8. June 4, 2016 / 9:43 pm

I think it's very much a matter of choice and what works for you. I'm in a different position as I didn't take well to breastfeeding my baby and now have a phobia of trying to latch her on, so I have been expressing and bottle feeding my breast milk (no formula yet!). Originally I couldn't wait to stop expressing and feed her formula as she wasn't putting on weight, but now that's starting to change (she's 12 days old) and I'm dreading the day that her demand outstrips what I can supply via the pump! #KCACOLS

9. June 4, 2016 / 9:48 pm

Before I had my first I said 6 months or teeth whatever came first. He got teeth at 5 months and I fed until 11 months. With my second I said I'd go as far as my first and then it wasn't fair. He's 14 months old in 10 days. No sign of stopping…… #KCACOLS

10. June 4, 2016 / 9:54 pm

I think you need to do what is right for both of you. I wasn't able to breastfeed either of my girls and would have given my right arm to be able to, so I say go for it! x #KCACOLS

11. June 4, 2016 / 10:11 pm

I think you always have to do what's right for your family. I used to say I would never do so many of the things I actually did because, at the end of the day, they worked for us and made my daughter comfortable and happy. x #KCACOLS

12. June 4, 2016 / 10:25 pm

I think my views changed just like yours with my own children, I fed my later children for as long as they wanted, which was around 2 when they wanted to be like their older brothers and use a cup not me. #KCACOLS

13. June 4, 2016 / 10:32 pm

I never breastfed either of our girls.. but my sister did with my nephew and she sat first said she would stop around 6 months, but he is 18 months old now and still breast feeds at mornings and nights IF he wants too… like you she's kind of just letting him guide her, and I don't see any problem with that, everyones happy… so why not?! Each to their own really. #kcacols

14. June 5, 2016 / 1:21 am

I work in retail, which means I see many mom's struggling with breastfeeding. Our area supports it and yet doesn't. I think it is great that you are doing what is right for you and your family! #KCACOLS

15. June 5, 2016 / 7:03 am

I think that this is always a decision that is right on you and your child and you have to do what you feel you are comfortable with. It's funny how our opinions change though once we have our own children isn't it? I always remember having all these set views before I had my three and then they all get thrown out the window when they arrived! #KCACOLS

16. June 5, 2016 / 7:27 am

Arthur is almost 17 months and still breastfeeding. He can be very insistent (especially at night time) if he has his heart set of having “milt” (as he pronounces it) It would be incredibly upsetting for him if I suddenly said no. It was one of the first words he learnt to sign for an still does now. It is definitely a confort thing for him, but when he is poorly or teething he feeds a lot more (mainly through the night) and I do think this helps him recover faster due to the antibodies produced from the saliva transference.
    It is hard still having to get up in the night though, but he has always been a poor sleeper and never slept a whole night – I actually think the milk makes it easier to settle him quicker.
    He doesn't always ask for it during the day unless he is a little clingy or feeling upset and then it is usually just when we are at home. He has asked a couple of times when we are out, but I have just said 'not yet' or 'when we get home' and he has been fine with that. He looks like a little bit more than a baby now and there aren't many places I would feel comfortable feeding him in public now he's older: when he was younger I fed him anywhere! #KCACOLS

17. June 5, 2016 / 8:04 am

It is such an individual and personal choice. It is so easy to judge people when really we should be supporting them. Often until we have been in someone elses shoes we have no idea and therefore no right to judge. I breastfeed my first daughter for 13 months, and then decided I should wean her off. For us breastfeeding was a beautiful experience, unfortunately I never made enough milk to feed her sole on breast milk, I always topped her up with formula even though it broke my heart to do so, for us it was life or death. I went into hospital with my daughter when she was 1 week and we tried everything to increase my supply, from natural, to medication. I pumped as well and used that to top up but it was never enough for her to solely survive on. I should have continued longer, I really wasn't ready to stop at 13 months, but felt pressure to give up. I decided with my 2nd daughter to feed as long as possible, but at 6 months she fully rejected my breast milk. I guess she wasn't patient enough to wait for the formula that would follow. My son decided 4 months was enough for him. It broke my heart when they refused me, but now at 12, 9 and 6 we are all very close and it hasn't affected their bonding with me, or their intelligence and health. Luckily they are all thriving in life. I will always wish my breastfeeding story was different, but I am blessed to have my beautiful children. #Kcacols

18. June 5, 2016 / 8:12 am

I agree it is totally a personal decision and there's no right or wrong. I didn't want to keep going…for my own selfish purposes really, I just didn't want my little one to always need me there for that type of comfort. I swapped the breast for a muslin as her comforter and that was the best decision for me. #KCACOLS

19. June 5, 2016 / 8:34 am

I always said I'd feed my son for 6months and then stop. 6months came and there was no way either of us were ready to stop. Once he got to 10months he had lost all interest so I stopped, it was right for both us of us I think. Breastfeeding is different for every mother and baby and no one should judge someone if they are still feeding their baby after 1. Go you for sticking with it, baby number 2 is kn the way and I would love to be able to feed him for the first 12 months. .we'll have to see. Great post xx #kcacols

20. June 5, 2016 / 9:16 am

Breast milk is so good for a baby so I think that if it is possible for a mother to feed her child and it is successful then it should be completely down to the mother to make the decision that is right for her child. It is nobody elses business and I think it is a shame that in 2016 so many judgments are made on this subject. Well done for sticking to what is right for you and your child. #KCACOLS

21. June 5, 2016 / 10:00 am

My original goal was to breastfeed for 6 months – but as I was still on mat leave then, I didn't see any reason to stop. My daughter has never been big on bottles anyway. She's 12 months old now and has cut down on her feeds quite a bit, but I plan to keep nursing her in the morning and at night until she doesn't want it anymore. She can decide when out breastfeeding journey comes to an end. #KCACOLS

22. June 5, 2016 / 10:03 am

I think it is up to you and baby and what is best for you. No one should let the judgement of others stop them from doing what is right for them.
    #KCACOLS

23. June 5, 2016 / 10:22 am

I think I'm pretty much on your wavelength with this. NG was 10.5 months when I stopped and NC is nearly 9 months now and still going strong. I stopped with NG because we both looked at each other and sort of knew it was the last one (sounds so cheesy I know, but it's true). I'm just going to do the same with the baby. He's only taking one in the morning and one at night now but, like you, why would I deny him that if it makes him happy? Thanks for posting – everyone's different and I think it's so important not to have pre-conceived ideas when it comes to parenting because so far almost all mine have been blown out of the water πŸ™‚ #KCACOLS

24. June 5, 2016 / 10:25 am

Im glad its worked out for you! My milk supply dried up after 6 weeks. Clearly I wasn't doing something right. Going to classes this time around. I don't think i would like to extend breastfeeding past a year. But hey you never know i might feel different if i can get it to work this time round. An it all depends on whats right for you and your baby πŸ™‚
    Great post!
    Lx
    #KCACOLS

25. June 5, 2016 / 10:57 am

With my two kids, I've always want to prolong breastfeeding with them… however, having to return to work made it difficult to happen. Yes, every parent is different and it's us mums who knows what's best for our babies. #KCACOLS

26. June 5, 2016 / 11:58 am

Great post! Breastfeeding, like so many parenting choices, vary so much between individuals. I breastfed my now 3 year old until he was 15 months, and my 22 month old until she was just over a year (she was a biter so it was a struggle towards the end!) I went into breastfeeding with the attitude id give it a go and see how it went. I was really lucky it all went smoothly for us. You are so right when you say there's no one size fits all. You can only choose to do what feels right for you and your baby and it sounds like you are doing a fab job
    S xx
    #KCACOLS

27. June 5, 2016 / 12:33 pm

This is a really interesting post for me as I always said that I would stop when we got to 6 months, but we just went past 6 months and everything is going so well so why would I stop? It just makes sense to keep going when it works so well and he is happy! We are weaning him now so he isnt feeding quite as much as he was, but I am happy to keep with it as you are right, its about so much more than just food.
    #KCACOLS

28. June 5, 2016 / 2:47 pm

I personally think it's pretty much down to mom and baby and certainly not anyone else's business. We moms know what's best for our babies.

#KCACOLS

29. June 5, 2016 / 4:13 pm

I'm still breastfeeding mine and he's two next month. I knew I wanted to breastfeed for as long as possible, and I had seen friends of mine breastfeed their own children into toddlerhood, so it doesn't seem unusual to me. My mother thinks I am crazy though, especially as my son still feeds multiple times at night (and during the day when I'm not at work). Every parent and every child is different though, so I'm just going with the flow and hoping that he will give up on his own at some point. I don't think it will be soon though! #KCACOLS

30. June 5, 2016 / 4:18 pm

It's definitely a decision for mum and baby only, nobody else's business. I didn't have much support when breastfeeding, instead had people telling me to feed her formula, so I only breastfed for 3 months. #KCACOLS

31. June 5, 2016 / 5:11 pm

well done for breastfeeding for so long. I fed with of mine until 18 months and find it so much easier than having to have bottles ready etc. lovely post #KCACOLS

32. June 5, 2016 / 5:13 pm

This is definitely a decision for mum and baby only, nobody else's business. I didn't have much support with breastfeeding, instead people telling me to give her formula, so I only breastfed for three months. #KCACOLS

33. June 5, 2016 / 5:22 pm

It's about doing what works for you I think. I did some breast feeding, then had to top up with bottles for medical reasons. It's all about what suits you, your baby and your life I guess. Good post #KCACOLS

34. June 5, 2016 / 5:50 pm

well done for breastfeeding for this length of time. I think its very much up to each individual mother on what they can manage and what suits you. I bottle fed both my boys for medical reasons I could not breastfeed and they are both strapping healthy boys to to be proud of. Too much pressure but on new mums these days thanks for sharig your story #KCACOLS

35. June 5, 2016 / 6:54 pm

I think that breastfeeding is such a personal thing, and you have to do what it right for you and your family. Good on you for not sticking to the 'norm' and making your own decisions!

#KCACOLS

36. June 5, 2016 / 7:33 pm

My youngest was 2 in March and I'm still breastfeeding him (usually only at bedtime, and never out and about these days). I must admit I am ready to stop now, but it's just so much easier to get him off to bed with a bit of boob!
    I'm a huge advocate for breastfeeding for as long it suits both Mum and baby, and I always think it's lovely to see slightly older babies/toddlers being fed in public.
    Thanks for this post, I love to read about people's breastfeeding stories.
    #KCACOLS

37. June 5, 2016 / 8:09 pm

I am hoping to write a post about this, so really enjoyed reading yours. I fed my first for 19 months, my second for about 26 months (!) and my third for 6 months (various reasons it didn't last as long which I will save for a post!). I just found that after initial difficulties, it was just such a lovely thing to do and it worked for us. With both of my older boys I sort of almost weirdly knew when the last time was…..I just felt like it was the last time. It was lovely not to have to wean, we just sort of both knew. Enjoy it as long as you can, it's such a natural thing. Great read #KCACOLS

38. June 5, 2016 / 8:15 pm

I believe that World Health Organisation actually recommends two years but to be honest it's really up to you!

39. June 5, 2016 / 8:45 pm

It is a subject that causes so much judgement when it shouldn't. It should be down to the mother and child to decide what feels natural. When the time is right to stop then I am sure you will both realise but for now I think you should embrace it. One size doesn't fit all, so to speak. I think it is great that you are still breastfeeding πŸ™‚ #KCACOLS

40. June 5, 2016 / 8:59 pm

I agree, I think that if it is suitable for the family then it is wonderful to continue breastfeeding. I am returning to work soon so have decided to cut it down to once a day as I won't be in an environment where I can express or anything. It does sadden me though. In a perfect world I would have liked to continue for longer than 6 months, it is a great comfort as well as food. Thank for sharing! #KCACOLS

41. June 5, 2016 / 9:03 pm

Oh I can completely relate to this post!! I was exactly the same as you before having a baby, and now my little man is 20 months and still going strong. He went down with chicken pox yesterday, and once again, it is the only thing that makes it better! Well done for getting this far with it, and for doing what is best for you and your little one. A wonderful article. #KCACOLS

42. June 5, 2016 / 9:15 pm

Breastfeeding truly is such a personal experience between each mom and baby that no one can say when the perfect time to wean would be, except for mom and baby.
    I recently wrote a post on my blog about all the benefits of extended breastfeeding, as I, too, am still nursing my 14-month-old. Like you, I really had no plans to do so, but 14 months goes so much faster than you'd think! Keep on keeping on mama <3 #KCACOLS

43. Rebecca
    June 5, 2016 / 9:28 pm

44. June 6, 2016 / 6:39 am

What a lovely post! Like you said, it's not something we see/read/hear about often enough.
    I loved breastfeeding my first (and hoping it goes as smoothly with #2) but it ended quite naturally about the 7 month mark (I think) I'd probably like to go a bit longer next time around πŸ™‚ thanks for sharing!! #KCACOLS

45. June 6, 2016 / 8:16 am

everyone has their opinions don't they – and people like to go on about what they “think” is best. and really it isn't anyone else's business! if it's working for you then that is great πŸ™‚ #KCACOLS

46. June 6, 2016 / 4:17 pm

Really interesting as its not something I have ever thought about. I wasn't able to breastfeed Mia so haven't really experienced it at all. I wasn't keen on it anyway and suited me to be honest to bottle feed, however that doesn't mean that I don't understand how amazing it is for mother and baby! For someone who hasn't experienced breastfeeding, I would imagine mothers stop once the child reaches 1 but I know that its normal for it to continue beyond 1. It comes down to what works for you and I admire mothers who can breastfeed full stop, let alone still be doing it for over a year πŸ™‚

#KCACOLS

47. June 6, 2016 / 7:22 pm

I totally respect you for not giving up just because it's the 'done thing'. Parenthood is all about doing what's right for your family. #kcacols

48. June 6, 2016 / 9:09 pm

I think whenever you stop breastfeeding it is an emotional time, especially because, as you say, the child sees it as a comfort thing. I think we do too, it's something special which only you can do for your child. You'll know when the time is right,I'm sure. #KCACOLS

49. June 6, 2016 / 9:53 pm

I think you have to do whatever works and whatever feels right for you and your daughter – it doesn't matter what other people think. We could never get on with breastfeeding, but if you're happy with it then do it for as long as it feels right #kcacols

50. June 7, 2016 / 12:41 am

At the end of the day I believe that it is down to the parent and what is.best for their situation. It is so confusing when there so much different information that you.can feel lost and not know what to do and if it is the right thing X #kcacols

51. June 7, 2016 / 4:34 am

I didn't breast feed, but I firmly believe in a mother and child's right to breast feed for as long as is best for them. Have I found it odd (and sadly judged) when a Mom is breastfeeding their 6 or 8 year old? Yes, but I am not that Mom and it is not my call nor should it be. #KCACOLS

52. June 7, 2016 / 7:17 am

I think we all change our minds on parenting issues as we go along, you have to go with your maternal instinct and what feels right! #KCACOLS

53. June 7, 2016 / 9:31 am

Hi Ailsa. Isn't it sad that you can say 'Breastfeeding isn't the norm' and you are unfortunately absolutely right…Especially when it is the most natural thing in the world. A thoughtful post, thanks #KCACOLS

54. June 7, 2016 / 3:35 pm

I think every mum needs to do whats right for them and their child. I have hit the 4 month breastfeeding mark today and I love it. When i return to work in October I still want to breast feed in the mornings and evenings. x

#KCACOLS

55. June 7, 2016 / 5:34 pm

Sadly, I wasn't able to breastfeed and it's always been a disappointment to me. In hindsight though I'm not completely sure I'd have been able to cope with it! Being able to share night feeding with my husband kept me sane lol!

I think way too many people feel like that have the right to an opinion over how someone else feeds that child – whether that be choosing to bottle feed or deciding on extended breastfeeding like you are. Completely up to the mum and nobody else's business IMO πŸ™‚ x #kcacols

56. June 7, 2016 / 6:37 pm

That's really great that it is working so well for you both. I think it is very much down to mum and baby and what works for them, I'm pleased to see you have something that works so well for you both, long may it continue xx #KCACOLS

57. June 7, 2016 / 8:06 pm

Totally up to the mother and child. I was determined to bf until 12 months, and fortunately I was able to. We kept going until 18m and by then I had had enough and chose to stop. #kcacols

58. June 8, 2016 / 9:31 am

I think it is so easy for others to judge and judge we do.But in the end it's us that knows what's best for our own children as we know them better! If you're both happy then that's all that matters.xx #KCACOLS

59. June 8, 2016 / 10:19 am

Whatever feels right is right for mum and baby I think. Theres enough things to be worrying if we are doing right or wrong. We have to be happy with ourselves x
    Mainy
    #KCACOLS

60. June 8, 2016 / 12:10 pm

I had to stop breastfeeding very early with both of mine( (I wrote about it in my post To those intending to breastfeed) and I had a very hard time. Not because I didn't love it – but because they wouldn't gain weight and refused to feed. I would have loved to be able to feed mine as long as you have. I think it's wonderful πŸ™‚ Not only is there the comfort element but I think that works both ways. It was such a lovely bonding experience that the peace I found is like nothing else I have ever felt. People should just feed for as long as it suits them and the child #KCACOLS

61. June 9, 2016 / 7:45 pm

I didn't breastfeed but I always that mums stopped when it was right for them and their baby as obviously everyone is different. I don't see why they should be forced onto a bottle before they are ready. #kcacols

62. June 9, 2016 / 9:25 pm

Cygnet is now nearly 22 months and I am still feeding him before he goes to bed at night. That's just the nights he is with me though (his Dad and I are separated) so I feed him 5 nights out of 7.
    I'll be honest and say that I now do it for me more than I do it for him. He only feeds for about 5 minutes and probably doesn't take in much milk and it is a chance for us to connect at the end of the day when I have been at work all day, or he has spent the day with his dad. I am also conscious that, being a 35 year old single mum, this is probably going to be my last chance to breastfeed. When we stop that it is, I am very unlikely to do it again. That makes me feel quite sad .
    I am going to stop soon though. Probably by the time he is 2. that'll be my aim.

Pen x #KCACOLS

63. June 10, 2016 / 12:41 pm

Yes, I kind of assumed that I would stop by one, but haven't with either as well. Eldest stopped at 13-14 months, though possibly would have continued if I hadn't been due to have another baby a month after that. Youngest has continued longer, though I don't think I want her to go past two personally. I think it's up to people individually what they do. For me, it's not particularly that I made up my mind either way on extended breastfeeding – more that I decided I was keener on letting them self wean. Mostly because I didn't want the screaming! #KCACOLS

64. June 10, 2016 / 1:21 pm

I couldn't breastfeed my two boys but I think its down to personal preference and if it works for you then no one should judge. As long at baby is fed be it breast or formula and is happy then that's all that matters #KCACOLS

65. June 10, 2016 / 6:27 pm

Before the middle ages most children were breast fed until around five years old and then when farming became more common children were fed under two or three years old. It's only recently that we've stopped breast-feeding our children around six months due to the availability of food. #kcacols

66. June 11, 2016 / 9:41 am

I must admit, I think my opinions were similar to yours. But it is definitely for each parent to decide what is right for their child. Extended breastfeeding if done for the right reasons is definitely not something to be frowned upon. It is great you are at peace with your decision and it is clearly working for you and your beautiful daughter. I hope you don't encounter too much judgement as you are only doing what is right for you and your daughter. #KCACOLS xx

67. June 11, 2016 / 7:56 pm

I think you are absolutely right – its your choice to continue breastfeeding. If its what your little lady wants then why should you force her to stop? I hope that you don't have to encounter frowns from other people if you need to feed in public, because at the end of the day its nothing to do with them. #kcacols